Responsible Manager (RG105) course
LMI College are pleased to announce the release of the Responsible Manager (RG105) course for insurance brokers, specifically designed to meet the Australian Securities Investments Commission (ASIC) requirements under RG105.
This is a non-accredited course available on our CPD portal platform. You can commence the course at any time, and it will be available to you for a period of three (3) months. A certificate is available upon completion for you to download.
People who provide financial product advice to clients, and deal in financial products (such as insurance), must have an Australian Financial Services licence (AFS licence).
Holders of an AFS licence must comply with the organisational competence obligations set out in the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act), and they must be able to demonstrate in their licence application to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), that they can comply with their obligations.
These obligations are explained in ASIC’s Regulation Guide 105 (RG105) and this course will provide you with a greater insight and understanding of your obligations as Responsible Managers under RG105.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will be well placed to:
- Explain what an Australian Financial Services (AFS) licence is
- Define a Responsible Manager
- Summarise the importance of licencing
- Describe what constitutes a financial services business
- Recognise the key points on appointing others and advising on a financial product
- Explain what constitutes financial product advice
- Relate to the considerations required in dealing with a financial product
- Recognise aspects on accountability and the law
- Identify methods of maintaining competence and compliance (RG105)
- Recognise the general obligations, disclosure, conduct and other requirements
Cost: $275 per person
Estimated Duration – 1.5 hours
Multiple choice assessments are available throughout the course.
Student Handbook download available.